On the 23 February 2017, a final project conference was held in Padova, Italy for the FP7 EU Project Novacam, and before this, a one day Young Researcher’s Winter School. On behalf of the organising committee, we would like to thank the Speakers, Organisers, Delegates and of course hosts of the beautiful venues University of Padova, and Palazzo del Bo.
Over 100 delegates attended the Winter School on the first day at the University of Padova where a Poster Session was also held in the afternoon.
Delegates were invited to walk around and discuss the posters. A judging panel scored the posters during this session and determined the best three which were later announced. We would therefore like to congratulate Miss Hailing Duan from Chiba University, Japan, who won first prize for her excellent poster. Two highly commended poster prizes were also awarded to Alberto Olivo from Ca’ Foscari University, Italy, and Alberto Garbujo, University of Padova, Italy.
The second day for the final conference which was entitled “Green Catalysis by Design Scientific Meeting” saw over 120 delegates from 10 different countries, who joined us at the beautiful Palazzo del Bo in Padova.
- Professor Marcella Bonchio, University of Padova
- Professor Gabriele Centi, University of Messina
- Professor Avelino Corma, Instituto de Tecnología Química (CSIC-UPV)
- Professor Jan-Dierk Grunwaldt, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Professor Emiel J.M Hensen, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Dr. Mark Howard, Cardiff University
- Professor Graham J. Hutchings, Cardiff Catalysis Institute, School of Chemistry, Cardiff University
- Dr. Kiyotaka Nakajima, Hokkaido University
- Professor Wataru Ueda, Kanagawa University and,
- Dr. Helge Wessel, European Commission
The conference also included a tour at lunch time around the Palazzo del Bo. Delegates were split into two groups, and were led by two very knowledgeable tour guides throughout the grounds and into several rooms to see the anatomical theatre, the Galileo Galilei’s Aula Magna, the Sala dei Quaranta (The “Hall of the Forty”) and the Aula di Medicina (where lectures on medicine were originally given).
For recordings from the Green Catalysis by Design Meeting, please visit http://novacam.eu/final-project-conference-2/
Again, thank you to all involved for making the Novacam Final Conference such a success!
Photographs taken by Federico Spolaore.